YTT FR 4D S
3 Nights Accommodation
Highlights Wilpena Pound,BrachinaGorge, Praire Hotel Parachilna, Youambulla Cave, and Clare Valley.
With our small group comfortable in our Chauffeured 4wd, we travel north wards along the way we past an ever changing landscape. with diverse cultural and heritage places of interestalong the way. Combined with the vast and breathtaking scenery and sensational panoramic views of the Flinders Ranges .
Day 1:Leave Adelaide at 8:00 am and travel to Wilpena Pound along the way we stop at Quorn, one of South Australia’s historical railway towns for lunch. Discover Kanyaka ruins and old Sheep property dating back to 1851, arriving in Hawker we stop of at the Jeff Morgan Gallery an marvel at the Panorama painting. Later arriving Wilpena Pound around 4pm and settle into your accommodation (B, L, D)
Day 2: Today we take a walk to historical Hills Homestead walking via sliding rock along Wilpena creek. Wangarra lookout will give you some panoramic views of Wilpena Pound. On the return walk back to camp as an option we discover how plants survive the water shortages of arid conditions on part of the drought buster trail. Rest time over we swap our walking shoes for the 4wd, as we travel on dirt roads in air condition comfort to Bunnyroo Valley and relax with a picnic lunch, continuing onto Stokes Hill lookout and the Cazenaux tree and return via Wilpena solar station. (B, L, D)
Day 3: With a later start, 9:00am leads us on a picturesque drive through Moralana Valley which lies between the South West wall of Wilpena Pound and the Elder Ranges .We stop at the renowned Prairie Hotel at Parachilna to indulge in some flinders feral food, wild fruits, kangaroo fillet, emu eggs or perhaps wallaby stir fry. Venturing onto Parachilna Gorge and go to Blinman copper mines 1859-1908. We return to Wilpena Pound via “great wall of china” .( B, L, D )
Day 4 :Unfortunately our time in the Flinders Ranges closes as we leave Wilpena Pound and journey south wards, just outside Hawker we visit Yourumbulla caves with some excellent examples of aboriginal rock paintings. Traveling on through Orroroo to Jamestown where we stop Café 47 for our lunch. Continuing on to Clare Valley and enjoy a couple of wineries for tasting (if interested) and final photo opportunities. From the Clare Valley we are direct to Adelaide arriving about 6pm. (B, L
All Timings are subject to Change: Road conditions and or : Other factors : Refer Terms & Conditions .
YTT FR 4DS
1st July 2011 To 31st November 2012
- All other departure dates.. By Arrangement only
- All transport.
- Three nights twin share four star accommodation.
- All meals as indicated on itinerary.
- Entry fees and permits.
- Local area flights at Wilpena Pound are optional at additional own cost
- AUD $1695.00 Adult per person, Min 2 twin share.
- AUD $1495.00 Adult per person, Min 3/ 4 person
- Minimum two people. (Single supplement will apply $600 for SOLE TRAVEL )
- Maximum five people for 4 WD – Accommodated tour
- Personal and corporate transfers are available
- Not recommended for children under four years
- All other activities outside standard tours are by arrangement with You Toucan Tour Management
- Additional fees and charges may apply.
- All timings are subject to change – road conditions and or other factors.
- Four-wheel drive Option ……Light Aircraft (Flight options only
Tour Departures Dates or By Arrangement
|Code||Days||Planned Dates||Adult p/p||Child U14|
|YTT FR 4D S||4||September 2011
(Min 3 or 4 per person)